There are several effective and free FTP software programs available for Apple Mac computers. Occasionally you will find that one program works better than another with a particular server or hosting company. The programs listed below are provided with links for more information.
Cyberduck. Connecting to every server. With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
Fetch. Fetch is a reliable, full-featured file transfer client for the Apple Macintosh whose user interface emphasizes simplicity and ease of use. Fetch supports FTP and SFTP, the most popular file transfer protocols on the Internet for compatibility with thousands of Internet service providers, web hosting companies, publishers, pre-press companies, and more.
- Support for FTP, SFTP, and FTP with TLS/SSL (FTPS)
- Droplet shortcuts for easy uploading
- Synchronize folders using the Mirror command
- Support for drag-and-drop of files and folders between servers and your Mac, or between two servers
- Automatic resume of stalled or failed uploads and downloads
- Quick Look support for previewing files on servers
- Edit any kind of file and the changes will automatically be saved back to the server
- Compatibility with virtually all FTP servers, including VMS, VM/CMS, OS/2, Chyron, and more
FileZilla. The FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
Among others, the features of FileZilla include the following:
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search