The University of Iowa Foundation is currently seeking a User Interface Designer. The job posting is below. Click here to apply.
* * *
The University of Iowa Foundation (UIF), a 501(c)(3) organization that raises private gift support for The University of Iowa (UI), seeks a User Interface Designer to develop and maintain high-quality UIF Internet and Intranet sites. The successful candidate serves as a UIF resource for applying creativity and innovation to Internet and Intranet use, web marketing, and responsive web page development.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with supervisor to implement web-use strategies. Analyzes userexperience effectiveness, updates and improves site structure and content, and maintains site functionality.
- Designs, codes, and modifies websites from layout to function.
- Works closely with IT and other areas within the Foundation to redevelop and optimize online giving functionality and user experience.
- Provides leadership to online communications team on user experience design concepts and processes.
- Recommends and ensures consistent use of design concepts and branding elements across applications.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, computer science, or related field. Five to ten years of experience in web design and user interface development with an extensive portfolio of websites developed using responsive design practices and/or experiences tailored to mobile audiences is required.
Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong problem solving skills. Experience designing for and developing within WordPress and a thorough knowledge of design tools including, Photoshop and Illustrator are required along with an understanding of web usability and accessibility.
The UI Foundation does not discriminate in employment (M/V/F/D/GI). All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. To learn more about our organization, visit us at: www.uifoundation.org