If you’re a user of Internet Explorer on Windows and moving to Apple, follow these instructions to get your Favorites/Bookmarks moved over.
Google Cloud Solution
It’s possible to use Google Chrome to transfer your bookmarks by following these steps:
- Using Google Chrome, you can sign-in using your Google/Gmail login. Usually Chrome will ask you to sign-in, or you can find it on the menu (three lines found at top right).
- Once you’re signed in, the Bookmarks will automatically synchronize with your Google account to any Chrome browser.
- So, using the Import Bookmarks and Settings (found under Bookmarks in the Chrome menu) import bookmarks from Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Then these will be synchronized and accessible on any computer or device where you are logged in with Chrome.
To manually transfer your Bookmarks follow these instructions:
- Go to Chrome, and from the menu choose Bookmarks > Import Bookmarks and Settings.
- Select Internet Explorer and/or Firefox as needed for importing.
- Then, once all bookmarks are imported, go to Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager > Organize > Export Bookmarks to HTML file.
- Put that file on a USB flash drive and put it on your Apple computer.
- In Google Chrome, from the Menu, choose Bookmarks > Import Bookmarks and Settings.
- On the From dropdown selection menu, select Bookmarks HTML File, then click Choose File.
- Select the file you exported in step 3 and 4.
- The Bookmarks will be imported and put in a folder called Imported from IE or Imported from Firefox.